TRANSPORT LAW – SHIPPING LAW
1. Transport has been the field of a long process of world-wide uniform law and uniform commercial terms spread all over the world. The last few decades the sophistication and efficiency of the international carriage of goods have increased rapidly. Modern day transport offers a considerable array of possibilities for modern businesses to increase their sales rate, conquer new markets and grow.
2. Since 1958 our lawyers have developed an important practice of transport law and shipping law. In this respect we have handled matters in the field of international road transport (CMR), shipping law matters, particularly sale and purchase of vessels and related financing, as well as issues concerning the operation of shipping companies, joint venture contracts between maritime companies and disputes among partners.
3. We advise our clients in all questions around transport law and shipping law, offering them the benefit from a valuable combination of global insight and local knowledge, that allows us to handle all aspects of complex domestic and cross-border transactions. The key element to our success is the day-to-day support that we offer to our clients, which has promoted our thorough understanding of the industry.
4. Moreover, our firm is specialized in drafting international transport terms and contracts, which are dealing with freight transportation services including local drayage by rail, motor, domestic freight forwarder, and domestic water carriers (including inland, coastwise, and intercostals).
5. Our lawyers have also gained substantive experience in the area of dispute resolution on matters concerning the field of international road transport law (CMR). In this regard, we have successfully represented our clients before national Courts, as well as Arbitral Tribunals and Mediation.