1. The field of Private International law comprises the rules of law conditioning international relations between private persons. Private International Law is not found in a uniform set of laws internationally. On the contrary, under Private International Law the disputes arising are settled by paying attention to the specific country’s laws, following an initial decision of which country’s laws are to be applied to the dispute. This is decided by applying the rules of Private International law of the “forum”, that is the country wherefrom a legal relationship is addressed.
2. Our firm is experienced in the representation of international clients, in the context of International Commercial Litigation and International Arbitration, as well as International Business Transactional Matters. We are also specialized in the resolution and handling of special issues, such as questions of international jurisdiction, as well as the recognition and enforcement in Greece of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.
3. Our firm handles cases of a cross-border character before Greek courts and arbitral tribunals both in Greece and abroad. In addition, we follow on behalf of its Greek clients their cases pending before foreign courts, offering advisory services. Moreover, we undertake the coordination of the enforcement of Greek judgments and arbitral awards abroad. An important part of our Private International Law Practice is the International Succession Law. In this respect, we are regularly assisting private clients in succession cases with an international element.
4. In the same context, we are often assigned to draft legal opinions in relation to issues of private international law (applicable law, international jurisdiction, international recognition and enforcement of judgments). In addition, we have an in-depth knowledge and a long-lasting experience on the drafting of international commercial contracts.
5. Our firm possesses a remarkable background in the representation of multinational and foreign / foreign-based clients in international legal disputes, and we are prepared to put that expertise at your disposal. We encourage you to contact us to discuss your options regarding your international law matter.