DISPUTE RESOLUTION: LITIGATION – ARBITRATION – MEDIATION
1. When conflicts arise, the key point to deal with them is how to identify and choose the most appropriate business-oriented solution, which could be either by selecting the way of litigation proceedings before national Courts, or arbitration proceedings before Arbitral Tribunals, or over other alternative dispute resolution methods, like mediation or negotiations. In the context of legal disputes, a crucial factor that should not be ignored, is the weight of the risk encountered on public relations issues of parties. In this regard we provide to our clients legal services, that correspond to their needs and respect their right of confidentiality. In our practice we establish long-lasting relationships with clients from a vast breadth of industries, which include medical, pharmaceutical, food and beverages, retail, electronics, steel, automotive, infrastructure,
2. In the field of litigation, our lawyers have extensive experience in representing clients before Greek Courts in all of our firm’s practice areas. In addition, some of them have successfully handled cross-border disputes before Greek Courts, due to their high specialization in the field of Private International Law and International Business Transactions Law. Our lawyers have also considerable experience in representing clients before E.U. Courts. They also work on cases pending before foreign courts, in cooperation with local lawyers.
3. In the field of national and international Arbitration, our office counts on its arbitration team, with its highly skilled lawyers alongside with our fully updated electronic library, which personalizes #hmlaw as one of the most innovative legal practices, with the experience and resources to assist clients from the very beginning of a dispute, through to enforcement of the arbitral award. Our firm has already handled a number of arbitration cases, not only in Greece but also abroad, with a great success rate for its clients.
4. At this point it should be mentioned that Haris Meidanis is Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CiArb) in London and has been appointed Arbitrator in a number of commercial cases both local and international. He is also member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Greece and of the ICC Institute of World Business Law and has published several articles about matters of International Arbitration. The above-mentioned specialisation is consistent with our strong belief in the advantages of alternative methods of dispute resolution and preventive law practice.
5. In the field of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), our firm is specialised inter alia in Mediation. Our team of mediators is highly skilled with a strong scientific and technological aptitude, so as to enhance the probability that a solution will be found, which is satisfactory for all parties to the dispute. Our practice offers a significant range of expertise across all types of commercial disputes.