1. Due to our solid academic background alongside the experience of our law firm’s team, we provide full-service legal support to Greek companies as well as Greek subsidiaries of foreign companies, multinationals included. Our clients range from sole traders to publicly traded Sociétés Anonymes.
2. More specifically, we have extensive experience in setting up companies, drafting and granting all documents necessary for their operation and consulting about the relevant legislation and all legal issues arising from their operation, including mergers and acquisitions, asset, project and corporate finance, company insolvency, shareholder agreements and shareholder disputes and due diligence. We also have extensive experience in special types of contracts such as joint venture agreements, construction contracts, NDA, international sales, logistics, transfer of knowhow. In a number of cases, we have been involved with success in the handling of disputes, that arise in relation to commercial contracts before Courts and/or Tribunals.
3. Our firm advises on a day-to-day basis companies active in Greece or abroad on a wide array of commercial issues ranging from lease, sale and purchase contracts to marketing strategies, corporate governance. Once a company is formed, we advise on all corporate matters, including the appointment and removal of directors, granting of representation authorities, share capital increases or decreases, approval of annual accounts, amendment of Articles of Association.
4. We also provide legal advice on the adoption of new regulations requiring companies to comply, e.g. Law 4548/2018 for Sociétés Anonymes, and we take all necessary steps to timely compliance.
5. We normally negotiate and draft various commercial contracts such as agency, distribution and franchising contracts that form a standard way of extension of our clients’ activities.
6. In the same context, we have represented clients in a number of cases on the crucial question of compensation of clientele, both judicially and out-of-court. We normally end up in successful results for the respective interests (claimant of defendant) that we represent.
7. Our firm has also considerable experience in the registration, renewal and protection of Greek, EU and international trademarks and patents. We have successfully handled many cases of trademarks before the National Trademark Committee and the Greek Courts. We also provide legal services for the registration and protection of patents.
8. Haris Meidanis has previously participated under the capacity of legal advisor of the Greek Ministry of Development in law-preparatory works for simplifying companies’ setting up and for the revision of the Law of Sociétés Anonymes.